Sunday, February 12, 2017

A Year in the Life Scrapbook Layout

Hi there crafty friends!  It's a dreary gray day here in Ohio and I decided it was the perfect time to snap some pictures and get blogging done.  I recently created this layout using the Pink Paislee Moonstruck Collection.

So I'm gonna be keeping it real in this blog post.  If you are looking at it and thinking that looks a little complicated, you'd be correct ;).  I wanted to use the constellation page to document a year, but cutting out each of those triangles while maintaining the phases of the moon border was definitely a challenge.  My sewing machine went haywire on me and my stitching turned into just holes and kind of all over the place.  And then photographing it turned into a challenge too.  So I tried a different set-up for photography and used some props.  Alas two weeks after completing it, I'm sharing.  I am overall happy with the end result but certainly don't want to give any false ideas that the layouts always come together easy and photograph and edit perfectly ;).

Nothing from the collection was exactly what I was looking for in a title so I ended up cutting one out on my Silhouette Cameo.  I also fussy cut each of the hearts from a patterned paper in the collection - I like what those add to the layout!  My background paper for the page had a marbled/painted look to it and was a pink and peach color so it worked nicely with the pinks I had already planned to use.  I also used a little ticket from the ephemera pack that came in the collection.

Have you ever had a layout give you challenges?  Surely it's not just me ;).

Here's a Supply List along with Affiliate Thumbnails where possible:

1 comment:

Mary Holshouser said...

Fantastic page.
Well-worth the effort.
thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...