Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Fall Wreath Tutorial

Sometimes you have just enough supplies left over from a kit to make something extra.  I decided to use my patterned paper scraps from this month's Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook to create a fall wreath!  This kit was full of Simple Stories papers which blend together beautifully!  I started out thinking I'd use the more neutral papers but it just wasn't working.  So I went bold and combined patterns.  Thankfully the colors blend together perfectly so it didn't get to be overwhelming!
I've created a wreath like this before so I knew it wouldn't be too time consuming or eat up a ton of supplies!  Here's how to do it:

'
Cut 1 inch X 12 inch strips of your patterned paper.  For a wreath with an interior circumference of 8 inches I needed 34 strips.  

Wrap your strips around a wreath base.  You can use a ring (that looks better for dimension) or if you don't have one you can just cut a ring out of chipboard or cardboard. The strips will overlap a bit on the wreath base. Connect the strips at the end with adhesive.

Cut a notch out of the end of each strip - don't worry about being perfectly exact.

Use burlap and ribbon to create a pretty fall bow.  Attach this with hot glue or a strong liquid adhesive.

Add other leftover pieces like flowers and chipboard pieces to surround your bow and add some pretty accents.  You can leave it like this or cut out a banner or some other sentiment to add to the center as well.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...