Saturday, September 5, 2015

Back to School Layouts - My Creative Scrapbook Reveal

It's the 5th!  That means it's time to start sharing projects I created using my kits from My Creative Scrapbook this month!   Today I have two to share that are Back to School Layouts and make use of the Creative Kit!
The Creative Kit is full of the new Happy Traveler line from Imaginisce and other fun coordinating goodies from American Crafts, Maya road, Basic Grey and more!  It's great for your summer travel layouts but it's also packed with primary colors, making it perfect for Back to School Layouts!

I thought it would be fun to use the map paper in a big way!  So I did a very simple layout for this one - adding my pictures right in the middle.  I then cut up a pocket page element to use for the Yellow Subtitle. I added my title in a circle around the pictures to really highlight the map and pictures.  A few simple embellishments and that was all this one needed.

This one also was fairly simple aside from the String Art.  I envisioned doing a big 5 in string art in back to school colors.  The graph paper gave me a perfect base for that.  After I traced and stitched my five, I went ahead and filled it in with very random string art.  It is a bold but fun element to add!  I added in pictures and chipboard words.  I colored the chipboard words with gelatos.  My blue one is a little splotchy.  I'm not sure why, other than it was an older gelato.  Nothing I could do to change that so we just used it :).  I also added a few brads and die cut pieces.  I added in handwriten words throughout that are things that he loved in 5th grade. Sort of nice to do this one looking back because then I can include some things that happened last year!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...