Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Treasure This Time Tuesday: I Am...Brave

This week for Treasure This Time Tuesday I am focusing on my 8 year old daughter.  She recently sang a solo and played the piano in our school talent festival. She's a pretty tender hearted kid so I was very proud of how brave she was to get up there and perform!

As she sang her solo she got distracted and messed up the words.  She smacked her head as if to say "duh" and they restarted the music for her to finish it correctly.  It was neat to see her handle a tough situation with composure and not freak out over her mistake!  In the big scheme of things with being brave I know this isn't a huge one.  But I think if kids learn to be brave early on it will help them to be brave in bigger life situations as they grow older!  

This was my first time to get to play with "I Am" from Simple Stories!  I have had it for awhile but just hadn't had the chance.  It was perfect for this layout - love the soft feminine colors combined with the black and gold!  I will definitely be playing more!  The word "brave" was cut out of the acutal patterned paper using my Silhouette and then I backed it to make use of the negative space.

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Simple Stories
Stickers: Simple Stories
Chipboard: Simple Stories
Enamel Dots; Recollections

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...