Thursday, October 23, 2014

Elf on the Shelf - I'm Back Box

Christmas Eve is two months away and this busy mom is gearing up by getting some things ready!  I actually have my box ready for our Elf on the Shelf to make his exciting return on Thanksgiving Weekend.  I've never done anything like this before, he usually just appears, but I got inspired and decided to create something fun and it is featured over on the SRM Blog today!



My plan is to put this little box out on Thanksgiving night (or at some point that weekend) as we begin our annual visitiation time from the Elf on the Shelf.  I decorated the outside of the box using stickers from  We've Got Your
Border/Christmas (polka dot border), Live Life Christmas (red arrow), Quick Cards/Believe (santa), Say it With Stickers/Christmas (santa's little helper),  and Sentiments Happy Holidays (santa claus is comin' to town).  I also cut out the words "I'm Back" using glossy vinyl in Lime Tree Green.  And of course there are some of those fabulous Punched Pieces that we all love so much!


I plan to stick him inside like this so it won't be obvious what's in there until they open it!  


Tucked nicely beneath him will be a package of marshmallows and four bags with hot cocoa in them.


The 4 X 6 embossed kraft bags  are the perfect size for holding one package of hot cocoa! Punched Pieces and Take 2: Stickers by the Dozen/Christmas decorate the outside of those bags as well as the side edges of the big box above.


Any variety of SRM's clear containers would work great for marshmallows but I opted for the A2 Card Box.  I decorated that with stickers from Say it With Stickers/Christmas and Live Life/Christmas.

It's little moments like this that help make special memories for the holidays!  I can't wait to see their eyes when they find it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...