Thursday, September 11, 2014

Using Kiwi Lane Templates on 3 different types of Projects: Guest Design Spot

I am so excited to be guest designing on the Kiwi Lane Designs Blog this week sharing some of my new projects with you!  I have been a long time fan of Bella Blvd products and they are one of my favorites for two page layouts!  My last post as a design team member at Kiwi Lane was actually a  two page layout using Bella Blvd (you can check it out here)!  First up is a two page layout using the Molly line.Lovely Lucy Bella BLVD 2-page layout
The pink patterned paper with the words on it jumped out at me because of all it’s curves and swirls.  I knew it would be perfect to combine with Kiwi Templates.  I went with the Chestnut Drive Border Set because the curves pretty much fit around the word “Beautiful” perfectly.  After cutting that out for both sides, I added my pictures so that they would be enhanced by the curves.  The Chevron Border Templates are pretty much my favorite – so I used those also to create borders along the bottom.  Bella Blvd makes lots of great border stickers as well as a patterned paper sheet of borders – these complement the Kiwi Lane Border system so well!  To embellish the page I used the Rings Set (to create my sunshine) and the Tags Set for my journalling spot.

Pocket Page

We love our two pagers here at Kiwi Lane but we also know that the templates are great for other things too!  Next up I have a pocket page layout that makes use of them.Project Life Bella BLVD Layout
This pocket page has a really neat narrow side border which was screaming “Kiwi Lane, Kiwi Lane, Kiwi Lane” at me.  So I obliged ;).  I used one of the Large Brackets to create a layered border there.  I then filled each of the other pockets with layers of paper and pictures.  The Shapes set was especially useful for creating just basic shapes to highlight the photos. The Tags set was also useful for creating my “title” pocket with it’s perfect banner shape.

Paper Piecing

Lastly I have one of my favorite techniques using Kiwi Lane to share: paper piecing with the Chevron Border Set.The Joys of Boys Bella BLVD
I have done this technique a couple of other times!  Once for a Kiwi Lane Hop that you can find here and once for a Stash Busting Hop that you can find here.  Every time I need to combine vibrant papers with Kiwi Lane supplies I want to do this.  The Max line from Bella Blvd was perfect!  To do it I create five Chevron borders in five coordinating papers.  I then cut the chevrons apart and piece them back together.  There is something so satisfying about taking beautiful papers and putting them together in a different way to make them your own!  One thing I would recommend when trying this technique is having a good black pen to outline your shapes with.  I think they get a little lost otherwise and the black just makes them pop!

1 comment:

Lyne said...

Very fun ideas to show how to make kiwi templates work for,you no matter what your favorite style is

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...