Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Outlining with Twine

I love the twine from the Twinery and have been really enjoying playing with the solid colors lately!  I like to do outlines on my layouts with a pen but today I decided to do the outlining with actual Twine!
As you can see I went around the white square, the patterned square, and the photo mat.  This took some patience because to keep it straight I had to use quick drying glue and work slowly – but I like how it brings in the colors even more and helps to separate each layer.
I used liquid glue and a toothpick to apply the glue – only doing about 3 inches at a time and then pressing the twine down.  Because it dried quickly that ensured the twine was not popping back up on me!  The nice thing with the Twinery is that they have a color to match every color you are looking for!  Here’s the ones I used today!
Image of Solid Honeydew Twine SpoolImage of Solid Strawberry Twine Spool Image of Solid Caribbean Twine Spool
You can grab any of these fabulous colors at  The Twinery Store!
Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Simple Stories
Wood:Studio Calico
Overlay: Simple Stories
Enamel Dots: My Mind's Eye

2 comments:

Leslie Germain said...

Adorable page! Love the soft colors and the twine ooutline!!

Lyne said...

Wonderful effect

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...