Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Twinery & Top Dog Dies Blog Hop

It's an exciting day here for me as I am blog hopping for the first time with The Twinery team. This week we are doing a joint hop with the team from Top Dog Dies. It began yesterday - so if you didn't already see it you should definitely check out the first post here! Throughout the hop you will find projects created that use both our baker’s twine and dies from Top Dog Dies.
You should have arrived here from Tiffany's blog
If you didn't you'll want to head back to the beginning and check out all the blogs!


Today I am going to show you how I put a little different spin on a traditional card.  I decorated a glassine bag and slid my notecard into it.  
The glassine bag comes from SRM Stickers.  I decorated it using papers from Imaginisce's newest line "Little Princess".  I used the Top Dog Dies Pretty Petals Die Set with those papers and cut out several flowers.  I did a bow with double strands underneath my Imaginisce button.  To create that I glued down a regular bow and then I ran the twine thru the button for my second strand. I added some border stickers from SRM Stickers for a little added pink! I used the Vintage Alphabet Die from Top Dog Dies to create my sentiment.

 The top of my note is decorated with some additional flowers and a small banner. I only wrote on the part that would be hidden inside the bag.

Thanks so much for stopping in today!  
Your next stop on the hop is Jaclyn's Blog!

20 comments:

Beth F. said...

Love, love, LOVE! This is so gorgeous! I love the colors you used and those flower dies and so pretty!
Beth
Beth's Beauties

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

Adorable bag. I just decorated some for Teacher Appreciation week!!

cghundley said...

How pretty!
Great use of
the bag and
the twine.
Carla from Utah

Anonymous said...

Clever idea. Envelopes usually go in the trash anyway. Now you can keep the card and envelope as a beautiful decoration. thanks
txmlhl@yahoo.com

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a wonderful decorative envie for that fun notecard! Great job!

lindaplus3 said...

that is so so super pretty... love your color choices :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

fabulous, fabulous long card and the reveal is spectacular. Well done! It is fun working with you all at the Twinery! :)

Cheryl C. said...

What a neat way to make a card. Never thought of putting it in a decorated bag before. Thanks for the inspiration!

Heather said...

that is so darn cute, I love the colors, the twine matches perfectly!!

Stacey Schafer said...

how pretty, Christine!

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

Such a cute idea!

Sue D said...

Very pretty colors!

Cathy said...

love the use of the glassine bag...so pretty!

Scrappin' Diva said...

What a pretty bag and card! TFS!

Create With La'Diva said...

So in tune with Spring! I love the creations!

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful pastel card! Love the dies and twine!

Karen L K said...

Cute idea with the note that slips in the glassine bag and cute decorating of the bag and note.

DoBea A. said...

Love that bag!! What a pretty idea!

Helen Gullett said...

Pretty bag! Love the doily and buttton :)

Anita said...

So pretty, love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...