Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Fancy Pants & Kiwi Lane Design - Zoning in on Doodling

I am up over at the Kiwi Lane Blog today!  I zoned in on doodling with my templates. I love doodling on my layouts be it in the form of outlining or drawing - I just love to use my markers.  It is in fact a rarity to see a layout where I haven't done some marker work.  Today I am going to share a simple way to doodle that is fun and really adds some pizazz to a project.  Today we are going to talk about doodling frames.


The background on this layout is one of a kind because I added my own touches thru doodling.  For each shape that I added (both Kiwi Lane shapes and tags/folders from Fancy Pants) I used the same basic technique but varied the actual doodling.  Here's how I did it:


1. Cut out your shape and adhere it where you want it.
2. Outline your shape with your fine tip marker.
3. Create a second outline about 1/8 of an inch out...don't worry about if it is perfect!
4. Create a pattern within the frame - think scallops, circles, lines, etc.
5. Fill in some parts of the pattern to add some extra contrast.

Another option is to skip step 3 and just add scallops or loops - if you are doing a lot, as I did, this can be another way to add good variety!

Supplies Used:
Fancy Pants "Be Different" collection
Kiwi Lane Designs: 
Tiny Brackets 3T
Accents 4

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...