Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A New Design Team!

Today is my first post as a design team member for Leaky Shed Studio.

As soon as I saw the kites, I fell in love!  They are so fun and whimsical and I knew I wanted to do my first project with them!  Today I have two different cards to share with you! I am also linking these up at the current issue at Paper Issues - Mum's the Word
For this one I just used the outline piece and backed it with patterned paper.  Combining it with other spring elements makes for a fun whimsical card perfect for sharing with a friend!

I used acryclic white paint to color my kites.

For this card I went more clean and simple.  I back each quadrant of the kite with a different patterned paper and then also did the same on the card making sure they didn't match up.  It's a quick technique that allows you to share some patterned paper that you love but keeps the focus on the awesome kite!

I went a little less heavy on the paint on this one allowing the chipboard to show thru a bit - it gives a little bit of the worn wood feel that a kite might have.

Leaky Shed Studio Products
Summer Kites

Other Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Pebbles
Die Cuts: Pebbles
Washi Tape: Pebbles
Ribbon: CutCardStock

4 comments:

Heather said...

Welcome to the Leaky Shed, I love their stuff!!!! your cards turned out awesome!!!!Look forward to seeing more.

ALINE said...

Very beautiful these cards!

Leslie Germain said...

Pretty spring card! Love the wood hearts!!

antenucci said...

Wonderful cards, love that 2nd one especially. Congrats!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...