Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Homespun by Simple Stories Cards

There's always an opportunity to use a good home themed card - be it welcoming someone home, welcoming a baby home, sharing the excitement of a new home.  I find that these are some of my most used cards!  There are a variety of themes you can pull from the Homespun line from Simple Stories but home is the obvious one :)  I made these two cards as part of my design team gig for The Scrapbooking Studio.

Both cards make use of their pocket page style pieces.  On this one I used one for the "home" part.  The rest comes from their patterned paper - including the doily at the bottom.  I fussy cut that from their paper.

The whole base on this one is a piece from the pocket page style pieces.  I loved the cascading hearts and wanted to make use of that.  I trimmed it down to size and added the house sticker along with the sentiment.  I also added some fussy cut hearts and wood hearts to the cascade.  

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Simple Stories
Chipboard: Simple Stories
Wood: Studio Calico
Stickers; Simple Stories

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...