Wednesday, March 26, 2014

XOXO - A Painted Card

Do you ever get in the mood to just experiment with your supplies?  This card was the result of some experimenting!  I wanted to try painting with my mists and that was the jumping off point!
I knew I wanted to hand stitch the sun and clouds and then fill them in with painting.  I didn't try to be exact just stroked it on there.  I then also did some yellow painting around the outside of the frame.  I then just started pulling out coordinating supplies that would add to the sunshiney and artistic feel of the card.  Brush script stickers from Amy Tan along with her patterned paper and stitching template add to the edginess of the whole thing.  I brought in some dimension by using chipboard hearts, brads, and buttons.  Rubon stars were my final touch.  I had so much fun putting this card together and love how every element pops on it!

I am entering this into the current issue at Paper Issues: Count Your Lucky Stars.

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Imaginisce, American Crafts
Chipboard: Studio Calico
Stickers: American Crafts, Bella Blvd, Paper House Productions
Die Cut: Imaginisce
Buttons: Imaginisce

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Wow! I love this! So much fun and inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...