Saturday, March 15, 2014

Sketchy Saturday - Week Two

***If you are looking for the Samantha Walker Blog Hop, you can find it here***

I had so much fun with this sketch that I created TWO layouts this week with it!  I shared the first on my post on Thursday, which you can find here.  Here's the sketch for this week:


For my sample I decided to dive into my new stash of Plus One from Amy Tan.  I always love what she creates for American Crafts.  But this is definitely my favorite in the last couple years....I love the combination of the black and white with lots of bright colors and it is fully of fun and sassy words.
It was the perfect choice to create a a layout of a night out with some of my sassy friends.

I went with fussy cut flowers in lieu of a doily/circular shape but other than that I stayed pretty true to the sketch.  I was especially excited to use the paper that you see in my base.  It actually comes like that....split right down the middle.  Super inspiring and fun!

I am also entering this into the Paper Issues "Tip-toe thru Tu-lips" current issue!

My friend Cathy joined in playing along again this week - make sure to hop over and check out her interpretation!  I love how different they turn out!

Remember if you play with this sketch, I would love to see what you create!  Leave me a comment here or on my facebook page so that I can check it out!

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: American Crafts
Stickers: American Crafts, SRM Stickers
Die Cuts: American Crafts
Flair: Studio Calico
Doily: SRM Stickers
Enamel Dots: Studio Calico
Rub-Ons: American Crafts

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...