Monday, December 23, 2013

Snowflake Card Ideas

It's my day to show off the Stardream Metallic Cardstock at CutCardStock.  This stuff is stunning but a bit of a toughie to photograph....see all that shimmer! :)  To create the base of the card I used a cut from Samantha Walker.

I cut the base for this card from the Sapphire Stardream Metallic Cardstock (totally my favorite of all of them!) I used my Silhouette Cameo and then backed the front with  CTI Glama White Marble Translucent paper.  It reminded me of snow with the marble look it has...making it perfect for a snowflake card!  You may have noticed that several of us have been using the Silhouette Cameo to do our projects recently.  I was stunned at how beautifully it cut thru this cardstock!  I just set it to double cut my card and it came out nice and crisp.    A few simple stickers, gems, and washi tape are the final touches.

This card is way more simple than it first appears.  The base is created with more Crystal Stardream Metallic Cardstock.  I then used a snowflake punch and punched out Antique Gold Stardream Metallic Paper.  I created a row of snowflakes along the bottom of the card and worked up from there - connecting limbs of the snowflakes.  Adhering these was nice and easy - I used a mini glue dot in the center of each snowflake.  Once I reached a height I was satisfied with I topped them with a ribbon border.  A doily and letter stickers polish the card off and create the trendy combination of silver, gold, and white.   

Supplies Used:
Cardstock: CutCardStock
Ribbon: Walmart
Letter Stickers: American Crafts
Stickers: Echo Park, SRM Stickers
Washi Tape: Queen & Co.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...