Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tip Time Tuesday: Kiwi Lane Designs & Teresa Collins

Have you caught the drift that I am really enjoying my time with Kiwi Lane?  Today I am up for the month with my Tip Time Tuesday...

Last winter I got to take a class with Teresa Collins at my local scrapbook store The Scrapbooking Studio. I was a huge fan of hers before that but meeting her in person and listening to how she works with and develops her products was totally inspiring. Suffice it to say that I was THRILLED to hear that we were going to be combining her products with Kiwi Lane’s templates this month!
I got to to work with her Christmas line and thus the first Christmas layout of the season was born. I love to cut things up and piece them back together—creating quilted style backgrounds or doing something unexpected with a big chunk of patterned paper just makes me happy. If you hopped with us over the weekend you caught me doing just that (if you didn’t you can see how I cut up my Abbie Road template here). So for my tip today I have the following to say: Cut things up and see where it takes you!
KLD November 3
I used my Abbie Road templates and then cut them down to 5 1/4 inch pieces so that they formed perfect squares. I did this with two different patterns and then pieced them back together forming a grid of four squares. I used papers that were not overly heavy on pattern or color so that it wasn’t completely overwhelming. I also stuck with those two colors for most of my layout.
IMG_5497
I also created my flower in the center and my circle using templates.
IMG_5498
For my layout I used the following templates:
  • Abbie Road 2A
  • Abbie Road 2B
  • Nature 5T
  • Tiny Shapes

1 comment:

Lissa said...

So beautiful! Love the photos and the papers complement them so well. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...