Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Born to Be Wild: A Paper House Productions Layout

To say that I am enjoying my time as a design team member for Paper House Productions would be an understatement!  I love that they have such variety in the lines they produce ranging from classy to cutesy.  That fits my style so well!  My hubby is particularly fond of anything themed that I create and this recent one was a big favorite for him!
As soon as I saw this adorable jungle animal filled line, I knew I would have fun with it!  Who can resist a cute monkey or elephant!?!  Monkeys are one of my favorite animals and I have used the entire 3D sticker sheet of these...but they are out for magazine submissions.  Chances are you'll see some of them down the road (hopefully in a magazine...but if not here :)))  I used 3D Stickers, Cardstock Stickers, and Patterned Paper.  To help my design blend into the paper (without taking away from the paper or my pictures) I used a craft knife and cut the elephant ears so that I could slide my picture underneath it!  I also added some banners in coordinating (but plain) cardstock colors.  I outlined those with brown faux stitching to bring out some of the browns in the paper.  I also added some hemp twine to add a little more texture to the whole thing.  I simply wrapped that around in swirls and attached it with one of my favorite tools, the Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher.

Have you been able to check out some of the Paper House Productions goodies that I have been using?  You can find them at their website but you can also find them at local scrapbook stores and several big box stores like Joanns, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby.  Even I, in the middle of rural farm country, have found them in several stores....check them out!  If you are looking for a specific topic, they are the best place to start...they cover sooooo much!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...