Thursday, September 26, 2013

Weaving Ribbon to create a card background

I have one of those weeks where I am up on several blogs on the same day.  This card actually went up yesterday at Ribbons Unlimited, but because of my We R Memory Keepers post, I saved it for today!
Weaving Ribbon to create a card background by Christine Meyer for Ribbons Unlimited http://scrappingwithchristine.blogspot.com
Now are you looking at the card and wondering where the ribbon is???
Believe it or not, I used the White Organdy Ribbon to create my background.  To create this effect I cut out my one inch frame (the aqua striped background) leaving an empty square in the center.  I then added adhesive all around the border and laid out my ribbon pieces diagonally.  I then slowly went through and weaved my rows for the other direction.

It kind of reminds me of the look of vellum!  And doing the weaving on the diagonal instead of straight across adds a different interest.

Love this look?  Next week I will be back with a less subtle, but still just as fun weaving project with our Delight Satin Edge Ribbon!  See you then!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...