Friday, September 13, 2013

My premiere day at CutCardStock!

Happy Friday!  Christine blogging with you today!  Many times when I go to wrap a present, I realize that I have a great bag for it but no tissue paper!  Today I have a tutorial to share with you for how to make a gift bag topper that is prettier and more fun than tissue paper!  For my topper I used the gorgeous Stardream Metallic Gold Card Stock available here in the CutCardStock Store!
Gift Bag Topper Tutorial by Christine Meyer for CutCardStock - Who needs tissue paper when you can create something this pretty?

First off you will fold  your 8 1/2 X 11 cardstock in half - the long way. This step you may have to change (cut, fold a different direction, etc.) depending on your bag size...use your best judgement.  My bag was nearly 11 inches wide - making this paper the perfect fit!

Lay the cardstock on top of your bag and mark just beyond the handles.

Using the pencil marks as your guide, use your trimmer and cut down 1/4 inch or less to form a very small slit.

Check to make sure it fits on the top of your bag and then you are ready to decorate it!

Because my bag is plain, I decided to add words, a sentiment, and some fabulous gold washi tape.  
Gift Bag Topper Tutorial by Christine Meyer for CutCardStock - Who needs tissue paper when you can create something this pretty?

To decorate I cut out some leaves, using 140# Muscletone kraft card stock,  on my Silhouette Cameo that were meant to be fan folded. I attached those to the bag and then added some hand cut patterned paper leaves. I also used a couple of rows of washi tape to decorate the bottom of the topper.  I added some burlap fringe to the backside so that it hangs out the bottom. Lastly I topped the whole thing off with a big bow, some twine (with gold in it of course), and pretty medallion.

CutCardStock Products Used on this Project:

Looking forward to crafting with you again soon!
CutCardStock Design Team Member

2 comments:

Suzanna Lee said...

LOVE!! How gorgeous!! The layers are beautiful! What a thoughtful topper for a friend!

Unknown said...

Super cute bag......thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...