Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Rolled Paper layouts with My Minds Eye

I love patterned paper and I am so glad to see so many companies offering the 6 X 6 paper pads.  It's such a great way to get all the sheets from a collection without breaking the bank.  I had fun playing with a variety of papers from the Kate & Co line from My Minds Eye to create this layout.  the double sided papers in the pad were perfect for trying out a rolling technique.
 I'm a sucker for any patterned paper that includes navy blue.  I'm not sure why but that is definitely my go to color!  To create my rolled paper background I cut 2 X 6 inch strips of paper.  I then did my bottom row, lining it up with the bottom of my white cardstock base but only putting adhesive about 3 inches up.  I rolled over the tops making sure that they were different heights.  I then slid my second row underneath those and did the same.  I knew I wanted to leave the top plain white giving the eyes someplace to rest amongst all the patterns :).I added my pictures with simple clusters of embellishments, letters, and words.  Kind of a fun technique to try!

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: My Minds Eye
Arrows: Jillibean Soup
Borders: GCD Studios
Letter Stickers: American Crafts & Jillibean soup
Die Cut: american Crafts

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! LOVING the photos, the colors and the rolled papers!!

Suzanna Lee said...

Such an awesome technique! Definitely need to give it a try sometime!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...