Thursday, August 29, 2013

Remember: Webster's Pages Citrus Squeeze Layout

Today I have my second layout for The Scrapbooking Studio to share with you!  The colors of this line were a perfect match for these photos!

How to use straws on a layout, how to use twine on a layout
Tips:
-Cutting big circles out of your patterned paper is a great way to add flow to your layout
-Using loose twine that loops throughout your layout is a favorite trick of mine - made easier by tucking it under things to hold it in place, staples, and/or small dots of glue.  When using small dots of liquid glue toothpicks are the easiest way I have found to apply it and keep glue from going everywhere.

Techniques:  
-Tucking your pictures into elements is a great way to be able to make both those elements and the pictures pop.
-When you fussy cut flowers you can easily add a free form leaf.  If you fold that leaf in half it gives added dimension.
-Not sure how to use those new straws that are trending?  I cut mine down and used them under my title that otherwise might blend in!

The Story:
Four years ago we lost a baby.  At the time Timmy was just 4 years old and Lucy had just turned two.  One of the things we did to give us a tangible memory of this time and losing him was to plant a tree.  It is located in a spot where we can see it right out of our kitchen window.  Each spring it blooms with beautiful white flowers.  This year I took a picture of just the two kids by it (I'm hoping to actually do this each year) around the time we lost him.  Just another part of healing for me and remembering how precious life is.  One of the things I love about these pictures is the joy you can see in the picture together.  Something about that just makes me happy - even in the midst of a sad memory!

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Webster's Pages
Stickers: American Crafts
Straws: Queen and Co.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...