Monday, May 27, 2013

Diamonds are a Fussy Cutter's Best Friend

When I look at patterned paper I am always looking for some way I can cut a part of it out and create a different design with it.  For today's card I did just that with some fun paper from the Pure Bliss Collection. from GCD Studios.  This card is featured on their blog today!

I fussy cut three rows of the diamonds (being super careful in the middles to keep them attached to one another).  I kept one of them longer than the other two so it could go in the middle.  I popped each diamond up with foam adhesive so it would add some dimension to it.  


I also fussy cut the sentiment out, opting to cut off the embroidery hoop part and just using the circle.  

The next time you pick up a piece of patterned paper see if you can think beyond the original design and create something surprising with it!

GCD Supplies Used: Pure Bliss Collection 6 X 6 Paper Pad #2031


1 comment:

Janis said...

Love this idea! Thank you for the inspiration. Love how it worked on your card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...