Friday, April 26, 2013

Playing with Hot Glue!

I was so blessed today to receive an email from Paper Crafts Magazine today saying that they were picking up three of my cards this month!  That on top of five from CARDS earlier this month and to put it mildly I am flying pretty high!  I put a lot of time into working on submissions and really really enjoy doing it!  

The topic for Paper Crafts was Supply Savvy and it is going to have all different categories on using your supplies in clever ways.  I pride myself on finding random, frugal items to use on cards.  I love not having to worry about them being acid free and doing something just plain nutty!  The cards I got picked up used some pretty oddball stuff!  Today I thought I'd share two cards that didn't get picked up that I used hot glue on.

When I saw hot glue mentioned in the supply ideas I got some ideas rolling around and decided to just play! Here's the two I came up with!

 For this first one I doodled a heart using hot glue.  Once it dried I sprayed it down with mist.  Once that dried I pulled the glue up slowly leaving a distressed looking heart.

For this second card I did a similar concept.  I set out to doodle clouds with the hot glue.  Then misted but this time I didn't pull the glue up.  Once dry I laid the scallop circles on it and realized it looked like flowery doodles too and I kind of enjoyed that.  So I created a big flower and topped it off with some flair!

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: GCD Studios & American Crafts
Flair: American Crafts
Washi Tape: Bella Blvd
Mist: Heidi Swapp
Twine: The Twinery
Canvas Scallops: Little Yellow Bicycle

I had a lot of fun creating these cards and enjoyed thinking out of the box!  Have you ever used hot glue on a project for something besides adhesive?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...