Saturday, February 2, 2013

Mitered Edges Tutorial

I love mitered edges!  And after being asked several times how I do them I thought it was time to make a little tutorial up.  For my layout today I used the border strips that come at the bottom of patterned papers from several different companies.  Mine today are from American Crafts, Pebbles, and Studio Calico.


You can make this work with any width of strips...I've done it with much larger ones than you see here.  First off you need to line up your strips to form a right angle.  They should be overlapping each other.

Then use your scissors to trim from the inside of the angle to the outer corner.

And that is basically it!  Now you just line them up together and adhere them down.  I do this for all four pieces before I attach them just to make sure everything is lining up!

If you are interested in checking out a couple other layout I have done this on, you can find one feautring Bella Blvd here and one featuring Echo Park here.

Supplies Used:
Stickers from SRM Stickers & Pebbles
Paper from American Crafts, Studio Calico, & Pebbles
Flowers from Maya Road

1 comment:

Lee-Anne said...

I adore this layout! Sooooo cute! Love the mitred edges. Thanks for sharing your tutorial. Smiles!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...