Thursday, July 19, 2012

CHA Day 2

Day two was all about hitting the things I missed or didn't have time to hit the first day.  I realized after leaving on Tuesday that I had obviously missed a couple of aisles...including some of my favortites SRM stickers and Beacon Adhesives.  We llive a couple hours from the convention center so my hubby and I planned to stay the night up there and have a break from the kiddos...probably our last break for over a year with a new baby coming.  Here I am ready to take on Day Two!

The line was shorter today, but I think the crowds were heavier inside.  I decided to do that I wanted to do the Mod Podge make and take, simply because I am far from experienced with Mod Podge.  I have used it a little...but not much and I felt like this was a good chance to do so!

After that I headed for another booth that was major unfamiliar territory: Faber Castell.  I don't do a lot of mixed media...I think it looks amazing but I have never jumped into it.  At their booth I got to try out gelatos, stampers big brush pens, and water color pencils.  I created a really interesting banner...which I will share with you tomorrow.    Next up I made my way over to the Beacon Adhesives booth.  If you follow me, you know I am a HUGE fan of their 3 in 1 glue...so I was excited to chat with them!  They had a a fun make and take where you created a headband.  I made one for Lucy (: as I am not much of a headband girl.  

Right across the aisle was another favorite of mine SRM stickers.  If you aren't familiar with them, they make clear stickers.  Lots of sentiments but also lots of icons.  One of my favorite designers, Jamie Cripps, designs for them and I have loved following her journey.  I discovered them initially because they had a faith related line of stickers that weren't to gawdy, just simple sentiments like "God Bless You" and "Faith, Hope, and Love."  I got to do their make and take and chat with both the gal that designs the stickers and the owner Susan McShirley.  Spending time chatting with these wonderful ladies was another highlight for me, such kind and gracious women!  Again, this is another booth and company I have nothing but praise for!  Here's a shot of me and the lovely Susan!

My last bit of time was spent making sure I had done everything I wanted to.  My body was getting really tired...it was definitely time to get off my feet.  But I did have to swing by Bella Blvd, Jillibean Soup, and Heidi Swapp/Pink Paislee to check out their day two make and takes (:

It was an amazing and inspiring couple of days.  As I said earlier, I tend to be fairly reserved in situations like this so I was proud of myself for stepping out a bit and doing some chatting.  I even shared my business card with lots of people (:  I have tons of fresh ideas for products I want to try out more of and projects I want to make.  Did I miss anything?  What else would you like to know...leave me a comment letting me know if there is more you want me to share.  Tomorrow I will share some of the make and takes I did!


2 comments:

scrappin_mom3 said...

And why is" my heaven " picture not posted here or on day one...LOL!! Glad you had an awesome time can't wait to see your make n' takes and what else you have to share with us:)

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

I am so jealous you are at CHA meeting all kinds of people!! and here I am stuck working. Glad you are having fun! Next year, maybe ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...